not only is it the last show of the tour....






HELLOO DROOGIES


You probably don't give a fuck about David Bowie. I don't blame you I guess. I have measured my hours in cigarettes and my years in Bowie. My whole life has been entangled with the thin white duke since 1972 when I stumbled into Pennebaker's documentary of the final Spiders From Mars show late night on ABCs In Concert and I was....converted. I attempted in vain to record the show on my mono cassette recorder while my parents hurled insults at the spectacle. Yet I listened to it obsessively. 
Years later Bowie released Blackstar. Then died of cancer. Coincidentally, I had developed cancer in my left kidney. OH, what joy that was! Listening obsessively to Blackstar that month before I went under the robot to have the afflicted kidney sucked out. 
Good times.
Poignant? I suppose for me. Not necessarily for you.
Anyway, the point is Bowie has been my...filament. You can blame everything on him.
So, I write this as prelude to the latest DEAD EDITS release: 

“Everybody, this has been one of the greatest tours of our life. We really, first, I’d like to thank the band. I’d like to thank our road crew. And I’d like to thank our lighting people. Of all the shows on this tour, this particular show will remain with us the longest, because  not only is it the last show of the tour, but it's the last show that we'll ever do. Thank you.”

 

 

 

yep that's the title. 

Me and Blake "Ronson" Edwards played around with this final speech of Bowie on the last night of the tour, effectively ending the Spiders From Mars. Which then resulted in our 7" square two sided picture disc. Of course you can purchase this at:

http://ballastnvp.blogspot.com

On the other front the supply of EMPTINESS OF EMPTINESS is dwindling. As one correspondent put it: "This might rival Suites for Solo Analog Cassette Recorders"

and yeah that's pretty much the idea. It,too, is available from ballastnvp.

 

so that sums it up. Update your address if you moved or otherwise I'm sending postcards to vacant houses.

To unsubscribe...well I really wouldn't worry about it much longer....

 

just turn on with me, and you’re not alone

let’s turn on and be not alone

give me your hands, ‘cause you’re wonderful….

Oh, give me your hands

 

Eric Lunde


ghostbymouth@gmail.com

Comments